Regular Physiotherapy Appointments can be of great benefit to people because it helps prevent problems people get with function and movement of different areas of their body, especially joints and soft tissues that are often associated with age, exercise and injury. The regular use of Physio can help people to recover and regain their normal regular lives. Physio uses non-surgical methods to help treat people with conditions such as strokes, asthma, heart disorders, back and other body pains as well as conditions attributed to lifestyle conditions and choices.
With the sedentary-oriented lifestyles of many busy people who spend much of their time sitting and have minimal physical activity because they do not have the time for formal exercising, they can experience a generally lower quality of life that can lead to a variety of physical problems and ailments including heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke and diabetes.
The following benefits are offered by your local Physio:
- Physiotherapy offers a holistic, patient oriented treatment and management of a person’s health and well-being.
- Physio can greatly help with joint mobility, better sleep and a higher quality of life with reduced pain.
- Physiotherapy focuses on the body’s natural ability to repair damage and assists this process with modern scientifically backed methods.
- Part of the therapy is on teaching how to avoid future injuries and pain with specific exercises to help relieve and prevent many of the annoying conditions active people come across.
- A safe, drug free approach to healing that is based on well evidenced and researched methods with known outcomes so are very safe and have almost no side effects.
- Many age and ware related conditions such as osteoporosis and arthritis, usually respond well to regular Physio treatments.
- Physio helps to reduce irritation and inflammation in joints and soft tissues.
- Physio addresses neurological conditions such as cardiopulmonary and orthopedic conditions that can be found in children, teenagers adults and geriatrics.
Method Used By Physio
- Manual therapy techniques for musculoskeletal problems, including joint mobilization, traction techniques, spinal manipulations and therapeutic massage.
- Electrical therapy’s such as (TENS) Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, Therapeutic Ultrasound and Interferential Therapy.
- Therapeutic exercises, acupuncture and dry needling, therapeutic massage and sports physiotherapy.
- Your Physiotherapist will assess your condition and discuss with you the available options, then decide on the appropriate therapy technique based on your condition.
- Most physiotherapy sessions are of about 30 to 60 minutes duration, but it depends on the treatment required.
- It is not necessary to see a GP before making an appointment to see a Physiotherapy as they are Contact Practitioners unless, you are making a claim for workers’ compensation. Medicare claims or Motor Vehicle Third Party Claims in which case you need a GP’s referral first.
Physiotherapy has evolved and advanced in recent years and is now recognised as a good all-round health strategy that many people in Queensland regularly use not only as a means of rehabilitation from injury and illness but to take the stress and day to day aches and pains from life.